By Matthew Helmke
Ubuntu Unleashed 2012 variation: overlaying 11.10 and 12.04 by means of Matthew Helmke
Publisher: S[am].s; 7 variation 2012 | 864 Pages | ISBN: 0672335786 | EPUB | five MB
Ubuntu Unleashed is stuffed with specified and complex details for everybody who desires to utilize the Ubuntu Linux working method. This new version has been completely revised and up to date via a long-time Ubuntu group chief to mirror the intriguing new Ubuntu 11.10 (“Oneiric Ocelot”) and the coming near near Ubuntu 12.04.
Former Ubuntu discussion board administrator Matthew Helmke covers all you want to learn about Ubuntu 11.10/12.04 set up, configuration, productiveness, multimedia, improvement, procedure management, server operations, networking, virtualization, safety, DevOps, and more—including intermediate-to-advanced concepts you won’t locate in the other book.
Helmke offers up to the moment introductions to Ubuntu’s key productiveness and internet improvement instruments, programming languages, help, and extra. You’ll locate brand-new insurance of the recent cohesion computing device, new NoSQL database help and Android cellular improvement instruments, and plenty of different Ubuntu 11.10/12.04 concepts. even if you’re new to Ubuntu or already an influence consumer, you’ll flip to this e-book regularly: for brand spanking new suggestions, new ideas, and new how one can do much more with Ubuntu!
Matthew Helmke served from 2006 to 2011 at the Ubuntu discussion board Council, supplying management and oversight of the Ubuntu boards, and spent years at the Ubuntu local club approval board for Europe, the center East, and Africa. He has written approximately Ubuntu for a number of magazines and internet sites, is a lead writer of The reliable Ubuntu ebook. He works for The iPlant Collaborative, that's funded through the nationwide technological know-how starting place and is construction cyberinfrastructure for the organic sciences to aid the starting to be use of big quantities of knowledge and computationally extensive sorts of research.
- Quickly set up Ubuntu, configure it, and get your operating right
- Configure and customise the recent harmony computer (or possible choices corresponding to GNOME)
- Get begun with multimedia and productiveness purposes, together with LibreOffice
- Manage Linux prone, clients, and software program packages
- Administer and use Ubuntu from the command line
- Automate initiatives and use shell scripting
- Provide safe distant access
- Manage kernels and modules
- Administer dossier, print, electronic mail, proxy, LDAP, and database providers (both SQL and NoSQL)
- Use either Apache and substitute HTTP servers
- Support and use virtualization
- Use Ubuntu in cloud environments
- Learn the fundamentals approximately well known programming languages together with Python, personal home page, and Perl, and the way to exploit Ubuntu to improve in them
- Learn how you can start constructing Android cellular devices
[b]Welcome to my AH blog!