By Timothy Ferriss
“If you crossed Jason Bourne with Julia baby, you’d turn out with Tim Ferriss.” – Marco Canora, Chef-Partner of fireside & Terroir
"Tim Ferriss distills kitchen knowledge like a rotary evaporator on energy surge. the implications are powerful, lucid, and delicious." - Nick Kokonas, Co-Owner, Alinea, subsequent, The Aviary
WHAT for those who may well turn into WORLD-CLASS IN whatever IN 6 MONTHS OR LESS?
The 4-Hour Chef isn’t only a cookbook. It’s a choose-your-own-adventure consultant to the realm of swift learning.
#1 ny instances bestselling writer (and lifelong non-cook) Tim Ferriss takes you from long island to Okinawa, and from Silicon Valley to Calcutta, unearthing the secrets and techniques of the world’s quickest novices and maximum cooks. Ferriss makes use of cooking to give an explanation for “meta-learning,” a step by step approach that may be used to grasp something, no matter if searing steak or taking pictures 3-pointers in basketball. that's the actual “recipe” of The 4-Hour Chef.
You'll teach contained in the kitchen for every thing open air the kitchen. that includes assistance and tips from chess prodigies, world-renowned cooks, professional athletes, grasp sommeliers, tremendous types, and everybody in among, this “cookbook for those that don’t purchase cookbooks” is a advisor to studying cooking and life.
The 4-Hour Chef is a five-stop trip during the paintings and technology of learning:
1. META-LEARNING. sooner than you discover ways to prepare dinner, you need to discover ways to research. META charts the trail to doubling your studying potential.
2. THE family. DOM is the place you study the construction blocks of cooking. those are the ABCs (techniques) which can take you from Dr, Seuss to Shakespeare.
3. THE WILD. turning into a grasp scholar calls for self-sufficiency in all issues. WILD teaches you to seek, forage, and survive.
4. THE SCIENTIST. SCI is the mad scientist and modernist painter wrapped into one. this can be the place you rediscover whimsy and wonder.
5. the pro. Swaraj, a time period often linked to Mahatma Gandhi, might be translated as “self-rule.” In professional, we’ll examine how the simplest on this planet develop into the simplest on this planet, and the way you could chart your individual direction a ways past this publication.